This is the Green color schemed Traxxas Stampede XL-5 RTR 1/10 Scale Electric 2WD Monster Truck, with an included Traxxas TQ 2.4GHz Radio System, Waterproof XL-5 Electronic Speed Control, 8.4V 7-Cell Power Cell 3000mAh Battery Pack and Peak Detecting DC Charger. Now featured with this kit are the updated Traxxas iD connectors now included as standard equipment.
CHARGER NOTE: The included charger requires a cigarette lighter socket found in full size vehicles to charge. If this is not your preference, Traxxas offers an adapter allowing you to charge from a standard home AC electrical socket (TRA2976).
Today, the Stampede has a hot look, innovative features, and of course, more power to boost the fun quotient even higher. Combine the increased horsepower with the tall, drive-over-anything ground clearance; ultra-tough suspension; exclusive waterproof electronics (blast through puddles, mow through mud and shred snow); and easy operation, Stampede will quickly become your favorite for all kinds of monster truck action. Stampede is still the first name in high-performance monster trucks.
Traxxas shocked enthusiasts with the release of exclusive watertight, sealed electronics in the E-Maxx that provide the freedom to drive where you want to drive through water, mud, snow, and other wet-running conditions that wouldn’t have been possible before. Now the Traxxas Stampede is Ready-To-Race with this waterproof technology. The XL-5 electronic speed control and mini receiver are sealed against the elements giving you the freedom go places you might not have thought possible. It opens up a whole new world of adventure and fun. Wet muddy tracks are no problem for the Stampede.
XL-5 Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
Designed and engineered by Traxxas, the XL-5 Electronic Speed Control handles the elements while smoothly supplying power to the motor. This high-performance ESC is packed with impressive specifications that are normally only found on more expensive high-end replacement units. The XL-5 features a completely waterproof design, three throttle profiles, low voltage detection, Thermal Shutdown Protection, 4-8 cell NiMH and 2-cell LiPo compatibility, and built-in BEC. High frequency operation combined with ultra-low resistance make the XL-5 an efficient and ultra-smooth fully proportional speed control. An exclusive feature on the XL-5 is the patent pending Training Mode. This profile reduces the overall power output of the XL-5 by 50% making it easier for young or new drivers to develop their control skills before unleashing full-power operation. The XL-5 is manufactured by Traxxas to ensure the highest level of quality and support.
- Innovative watersealed design
- Three Drive Profiles
- Sport Mode – Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode – Forward / Brake
- Training Mode – 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patent pending)
- 12-Turn motor limit for 550 size motors
- 15-Turn motor limit for 540 size motors
- Integrated on/off switch
- Traxxas EZ-Set one-button setup
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Large heat sink
- High-efficiency MOSFET transistors
In Depth Features:
- Precision 2.4GHz Control: With the TQ 2.4GHz radio system, you just switch on a drive. There are no channels or frequencies to manage, so the focus is on having fun. The TQ’s ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving, and its sleek lines are enhanced by an internal antenna that is impervious to damage.
- High-Torque Waterproof Steering Servo: A monster truck needs a powerful steering servo for responsive performance, and Traxxas delivers with the 2056 high-torque servo. This waterproof steering servo uses O-ring seals to keep the fun going when things get wet. Waterproof for all-weather action, the TRA2056 provides 80 oz-in of steering muscle. That’s twice the power of typical “standard” servos.
- Waterproof Receiver Box: Stampede’s innovative receiver box is fully waterproof, yet it’s easy to access the receiver maintenance. The exclusive patent-pending design holds a 3-channel micro receiver that saves weight and provides reliable, long-range R/C performance.
- Three Channel Micro Receiver: A three channel Traxxas micro receiver gives you additional room to grow! The 3-channel micro receiver features two steering servo ports, eliminating the need for a Y-harness.
- Securely Mounted Electronics: The ESC and watertight receiver box are screwed to the chassis for ultimate mounting security. There’s no servo tape to loosen over time with dirt, heat, and collisions.
- Durable Gray Parts: The durable monocoque chassis tub is designed for ultimate ground clearance and is made from the highest quality nylon composites. Many parts including the chassis, shock bodies, and transmission housing are molded in gray for a fresh tech look.
- Revo-Spec Torque-Control Slipper Clutch: Revo technology is utilized to manage the increased power from the Titan 12T motor. The Torque-Control slipper clutch uses special semi-metallic friction material and finned aluminum alloy pressure plates to dissipate heat and provide consistent traction control. The semi-metallic friction material remains stable across a wide temperature range to provide smooth, linear engagement you can count on, run after run. Spur gears can be removed and replaced without altering the slipper adjustment.
- Talon 2.8″ Pre-Glued Tires with Foam Inserts: The advanced Talon tread pattern is the same proven design used to provide excellent traction on our highest performing Revo and T-Maxx models! The soft compound rubber hooks up for maximum acceleration and great grip on a wide variety of surfaces: dirt, grass, pavement, and rocks. The mirror-chrome All-Star wheels feature a lightweight horizontal bead that holds the tire to the rim even under extreme rpm. Performance-designed foam inserts are standard and all tires come pre-glued from the factory to get you rolling right out of the box.
- Powder Coated White Springs: White springs feature an updated spring rate for more responsive handling and the long-lasting white powder coated finish sets Stampede apart from the pack.
- Included Optional Pinion Gear: The Stampede reaches its blistering 30+mph top speed on-road using the optional 23-tooth pinion gear (included) and a 7-cell 8.4V battery pack. Out of the box, the installed 19-tooth pinion gear is just right for all-around, wheelie-popping, off-road action.
- Oil-Filled Ultra Shocks: Stampede’s oil-filled Ultra Shocks utilize X-ring technology for a perfect seal and super-smooth performance. They are fully tunable with a wide range of oils, springs, and pistons. Features include pressure bladders for air/oil separation and spring clips to precisely change the ride height and spring pre-load. They can be renewed in minutes with our inexpensive rebuild kits.
- Motor Mount with Cooling Channels: The sealed gearbox protects the transmission components from dirt and rocks. The molded motor plate now includes finned cooling channels where the motor mounts to the motor plate. The cooling channels work in conjunction with the internal Titan 12T motor fan to pull air through the motor for superior cooling.
- Brushless Ready Magnum 272 Transmission: Stampede’s Magnum 272 transmission is assembled with new all metal gear internals riding on ultra-smooth sealed ball bearings. Combined with the smooth 48-pitch gears, power is delivered quietly to the durable telescoping U-joint driveshafts. The sealed gearbox protects the transmission components from dirt and rocks.
- Brushless Ready Planetary Gear Differential: The composite Traxxas planetary gear differential now features a steel ring gear with a nylon gear housing for long life. It uses hardened steel internal gears for maximum strength during rigorous off-road bashing. This type of differential requires virtually no maintenance and its efficient design puts maximum tire-shredding torque to the wheels.
- Fiber Composite Arms: Solid, durable camber links take the guess work out of set-up and are captured to keep you on the trail even when the going gets rough. Captured rod ends provide unmatched durability and they simply won’t pop off.
- Monster 4″ Ground Clearance: With 4-inches of center ground clearance, the Stampede goes places other trucks can’t! Stampede easily tackles real world obstacles such as tall grass, curbs, and rocks.
- Telescoping Driveshafts: Slider driveshafts are extremely durable, and they allow greater articulation for increased suspension travel.
Length: 16.25″ (413mm)
Front Track: 12.75″ (324mm)
Rear Track: 12.75″ (324mm)
Weight: 65.3oz (1.85 kg)
Height (overall): 9.5″ (241mm)
Wheelbase: 10.63″ (270mm)
Gear Ratio (internal): 2.72 (final drive: 12.34)
Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
Top Speed: 30+mph* (with 7-cell battery and included optional 23 tooth pinion gear)
Skill Level: 1
Battery Tray Dimensions*: 138x46x26mm (battery expansion kit available TRA3725X)
- Traxxas Stampede RTR Monster Truck
- TQ 2.4GHz Radio System
- 3-Channel Micro Receiver
- XL-5 Waterproof ESC
- Titan 12 Turn 550 Motor
- High Torque Waterpoof Servo
Needed To Complete:
- (4) “AA” Batteries (for transmitter)
- 7-Cell Traxxas Power Cell NiMH Battery Pack
- EZPeak Charger