The Axial SCX10 III “Jeep JT Gladiator” RTR 4WD Rock Crawler marks the next step forward in ready-to-run, scale off-road action. While continuing to incorporate key components that have made SCX10 vehicles successful, the SCX10 III chassis increases realism with details that include a replica V8 engine to house the front-mounted 540 brushed motor, mated to a realistic transmission housing and transfer case like a 1:1 vehicle. The Spektrum DX3 3-channel 2.4GHz DSMR transmitter and Firma 40A ESC/receiver are also ready to give you the advantages of innovative Spektrum Smart technology.
Out of the box, the SCX10 III Jeep JT Gladiator transmission offers a third-channel DIG function that lets you lock the rear axle from the transmitter for front wheel drive and a tighter turning radius. Though locked out from the factory, you can set up the vehicle to have a 40% faster second gear instead of DIG — or, by adding another micro servo and using a radio with at least four channels (such as the 5-channel Spektrum DX5), have simultaneous access to both the DIG and two-speed functions.
The SCX10 III Jeep JT Gladiator uses AR45 portal axles to improve performance by increasing the ground clearance and reducing torque twist. The motor is located at the front of the chassis for forward weight. The standard battery tray is positioned near the vehicle’s center for improved balance and accepts full-size LiPo or NiMH packs. There are also locations in the side pods for drivers who prefer smaller “shorty” LiPo packs. Inner fenders and floor sides hide internal components that would usually be visible from the side of the chassis.
Topping off the chassis is a scale Jeep JT Gladiator body that mirrors its full-size counterpart with many highly authentic details. The body has over 20 injection-molded parts including a bed rack, door handles, mirrors, hood vents and more — taking polycarbonate body realism to the next level. The body has been split into three pieces for a more realistic deep bed. Officially licensed Nitto Trail Grappler tires on 3-piece beadlock wheels add more scale realism and more grip on dirt, rocks, and all other off-road trails.
With the Spektrum DX3 radio, you’ll enjoy the superior range, response, and interference resistance of DSMR technology. Together with the installed Firma Smart 40A ESC/receiver, it also offers the advantages of exclusive Spektrum Smart technology. Install a Spektrum Smart LiPo battery and you can view vehicle battery capacity at a glance on the DX3 transmitter voltage level indicator. Outfit the DX3 with the optional BT2000 Bluetooth module and download the free Spektrum Dashboard app to your smart device, and you’re also ready to use Smart real-time telemetry — without needing on-board sensors or modules.
- Replica V8 engine cover, transmission housing and transfer case cover and protect the motor while improving scale appearance and adding forward-mounted weight.
- DIG function transmission option lets you lock the rear axle from the transmitter for front wheel drive and a tighter turning radius.
- Two-speed transmission option (some assembly required) allows you to increase vehicle speed by approximately 40%.
- Drivers can choose between the DIG and 2-speed transmission options, or run both with a 4-channel transmitter and two servos (not included).
- AR45 Portal Axles feature an offset front housing for realistic looks.
- Axle housings also use portal gears for increased ground clearance and a universal that provides 45 degrees of steering.
- Differential locker features Hypoid gears, allowing for smaller size gears, improved gear reduction and reduced torque twist.
- Authentic Jeep® JT Gladiator body includes over 20 injection-molded parts including bed rack, door handles, mirrors, hood vents and more.
- Three-piece body provides a more realistic deep bed.
- New centered battery position improves chassis balance with front-mounted motor.
- Chassis side pods offer mounting locations for smaller LiPo batteries, if desired.
- Hard anodized oil-filled shocks feature shock cap with bleed screw for easier rebuilds.
- All drive train components in the transmission, portals and axle gears are metal for extreme durability — with pinion gear included, the vehicle has 23 metal gears in total.
- Improved materials increase durability and stiffness while holding tighter tolerances to eliminate most “slop”.
- Metal stainless steel pivot balls at all suspension points increase durability and wear life for consistent handling.
- Improved suspension geometry further reduces torque twist while allowing chassis fine-tuning.
- Extended 13.9 inch wheelbase with longer frame rails and chassis supports a more realistic version of the Jeep® JT Gladiator body.
- Detailed interior with molded driver adds to the vehicle’s realistic scale looks.
- New rear body mounts simplify body removal.
- Injection-molded inner fenders hide internal components usually visible from the side of the chassis.
- Spektrum™ DX3™ DSMR® radio is fully compatible with the Smart telemetry potential of the installed Firma™ Smart 40A ESC/receiver.
- Included Spektrum™ 15kg metal gear servo and all electronics are protected by a waterproof design for confident driving in any weather and trail conditions.
Approximate Assembly Time: No assembly required
Ball Bearings: Full set
Battery: Sold Separately
Body: 3-piece, highly detailed Lexan
Brakes: Integral with ESC
Bushing Material: Metal
Charger: Sold Separately
Chassis: Adjustable steel C-channel
Completion Level: Ready-To-Run
Drive Type: Forward/Brake/Reverse
Final Drive Ratio: 45.6:1 Low / 31.3:1 High
Front Track: 8.9 in (226mm)
Power Type: Electric
Gear Pitch: 32
Ground Clearance: 3 in (76.2mm)
Max Battery Dimensions: 5.45 x 1.83 x 1.38″ (138.5 x 46.5 x 35mm)
Motor Type: Brushed
Product Height: 9.5″ (241 mm)
Product Length: 22.25″ (565 mm)
Product Weight: 7lbs (3175g)
Product Width: 9.25″ (235 mm)
Rear Track: 8.9 in 226mm)
Shock Type: Oil-filled
Speed Control: Included
Spur Gear: 40T
Suspension: Multi-link solid axle with stainless steel pivot balls
Vehicle Type: Rock Crawler
- (1) Axial® SCX10™ III Jeep® JT Gladiator 4WD
- (1) Spektrum Firma™ Smart 40A ESC/Receiver (installed)
- (1) Spektrum 15kg Servo (installed)
- (1) Spektrum™ DX3™ DSMR® Radio
- (1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete:
- Vehicle Battery (accepts standard and shorty packs)
- Compatible charger
- LiPo Safety Container