The DragRace Concepts Drag Pak Maxim raises the bar for radio control drag racing. Until now, all other no prep drag car chassis’ have been recycled short course truck conversions. The DRC Maxim has been engineered from the ground up to provide racers with a competition level platform. No adaptations. No conversion kits. Just pure engineering and a desire to create the ultimate race car chassis for no prep drag racing.
The first area addressed was the chassis. The Maxim chassis features an integrated flex control system that allows the racer to fine tune chassis flex to suit the traction conditions of the surface. The flex control is achieved by first tying the entire chassis together starting at the transmission inserts. These inserts are connected to the chassis rails that carry forward to the front end. Racers can adjust flex throughout the chassis by adding or eliminating hardware and links to the chassis rails for an infinite range of adjustment. The chassis offers multiple options for battery placement to tune weight bias, while keeping weight low and allowing plenty of room for electronics placement.
The included Drag Pak Transmission is already proven. The super smooth transmission is strong, durable and capable of handling low turn motors. The transmission features a stand-up configuration to provide more rear weight bias than a lay down setup to provide increased traction, while at the same time keeping the chassis balance more inline. A full set of 7075 T6 hard-coated aluminum gears and slipper eliminator are used to keep rotating mass to a minimum, while the gear differential is a hybrid design that uses DRC hardened internal gears. Combine this with DRC heat-treated steel CVDs and you have a premium level drivetrain that can handle the abuse of outlaw class racing.
Special attention was paid to the front-end. The Maxim features DRC’s swept back injection molded front a-arms. Compared to typical “dirt” style front a-arms, these arms provide more forward weight bias in front of the front axle centerline. This means less weight is required in the front of the car to help keep the front end planted. Additionally, the front bulkhead features 1.5 degree removable castor mounts, and the low-profile front shock tower is matched to the included Custom Works MDX “Long” Shocks, allowing for an aggressive body stance. The front castor blocks, bearing carriers and rear hubs are all CNC machined aluminum to help create a platform that offers premium level equipment out of the box.
The injection molded rear a-arms eliminate flex and keep weight low. These a-arms feature 2 degrees of built-in toe in with universal mounting positions on both sides for the shock and anti-roll bar set ups. The rear shock tower is a low-profile design that is matched perfectly to the included, Custom Works MDX “Long” Shocks. Compared to standard SCT shocks, the smaller bore shocks eliminate approximately 2 ounces of weight from the chassis without sacrificing performance. Plus, the kit includes the super popular DRC 10″ Slider wheelie bar to provide a wide range of adjustment and proven drag car performance.
All of these features and details combined create the ultimate setup for both no prep and eliminator class racing. Don’t get caught sleeping at the tree and grab a DragRace Concepts Maxim to improve your chances of taking the win light when you cross the stripe!
NOTE: Assembled chassis shown in photos is for illustrative purposes only. The kit you receive will require assembly. See needed to complete list below for a list of items required to complete the model.
- Engineered no prep RC drag racing specific platform
- Integrated flex control chassis to fine tune chassis flex – adjust stiffness throughout the chassis by adding or eliminating hardware and links
- Chassis also keeps weight low and provides multiple options for electronics placement
- Included Drag Pak stand-up transmission configuration to provide more rear weight bias and keep the chassis balance more inline
- Full set of 7075 T6 hard-coated aluminum transmission gears and slipper eliminator to keep rotating mass to a minimum
- Gear differential is a hybrid design that uses DRC hardened internal gears
- DRC heat-treated steel CVDs
- 13.2″ Wheelbase
- Includes 10″ Wheelie Bar
- DRC swept back injection molded front a-arms provide more forward weight bias in front of the front axle centerline to help keep the front end planted
- DRC injection molded rear a-arms eliminate flex and keep weight low
- Rear a-arms feature 2 degrees of toe in with mounting positions on both sides of the a-arms for shock and anti-roll bar set ups
- Low profile front & rear shock tower
- Front bulkhead features 1.5 degree removable castor mounts
- CNC Machined aluminum front castor blocks, bearing carriers and rear hubs
- Heat treated steel front axles
- V-Force Designs 12mm hex adapters front and rear
- Includes Custom Works MDX “Long” Shocks
- Includes Kimbrough 90 Tooth spur gear and Kimbrough Large servo saver servo horn
- Includes DragRace Concepts aluminum cooling fan
- 12.9 Grade hardware throughout
Needed to Complete:
- ESC & 540 Motor
- Wheels, Tires & CA Glue
- Pinion Gear
- Custom Works 1.75″ Shock Springs (CSW1805 – F & CSW1806 – R recommended)
- Differential & Shock Fluids (200k diff & 70F/80R shock fluid recommended)
- Tools for Assembly