HPI Venture SBK 1/10 4WD Rock Crawler Kit Scale Builders Kit
The Venture is the ultimate adventure-ready scale RC trail truck, and now it’s available in a build-it-yourself version, ready for you to completely customize into your ultimate off-road vehicle. Developed from the ground up to be the most advanced and driver-friendly scaler truck available, the Venture is the perfect trail companion for anyone from weekend ramblers to globe-trotting adventure heroes! Whether you’re driving up a mountain, crossing rocky streams or just taking it on a trail drive, the Venture can handle it all.
To make the Venture the best in class scale truck, the chassis features a formed steel chassis that encloses a realistic front-motor position with an all metal-gear transmission and full-time 4WD drivetrain with a central transfer case, plus a scale suspension featuring dual stage, oil-filled, coil-over shocks and sturdy off-road axles with full-time locked differentials.
The build-it-yourself Venture SBK includes official HPI options such as rebuildable front universal driveshafts, aluminum lower links for confidence over rough terrain, 4-link rear for increased articulation and traction, plus hidden axle weights for increased stability with a lowered center of gravity (CG). As you assemble the kit from the fully detailed assembly instructions, you can modify the truck if you wish, or add extra options and accessories as you go.
Scale Chassis Design and Layout:
The Venture rock crawler features a formed steel C-channel chassis with sturdy plastic cross braces as the foundation for a realistic scale truck chassis. To make sure the truck has a front weight bias that improves its climbing ability, the motor and transmission are mounted right up front – just like in a real truck! For additional weight up front, the steering servo is also mounted to the chassis next to the motor.
Great Options Included!
The Venture SBK includes a selection of highly desired performance upgrades that helps the truck perform even better on the trail than before!
- Front Universal Driveshafts: Steel universal driveshafts add extra steering angle to help get the Venture out of tight spots with zero binding, are tougher than the standard dogbone, and are also rebuildable.
- Aluminum Lower Links: Thick 6mm links are anodized to match the Venture shocks, so they add great looks as well as increased performance on the trail.
- 4-Link Rear: Increased articulation at the rear of the truck adds to the sure-footed nature of the Venture, improving its rear grip for better side climbing and enabling it to get over those really tough obstacles.
- Axle Weights: Adding extra weight directly to the axles, these brass weights help increase traction exactly where it’s needed, and they’re also completely hidden from view, so they take nothing away from the scale looks of the truck.
- Assembly kit
- Includes performance options and upgrades: front universals, aluminum lower links, rear 4-link and axle weights
- Adjustable rock rail side sliders help the truck get over tough obstacles
- Formed steel C-channel chassis rails
- Front-mount motor and transmission position for ultimate scale realism
- Front weight bias improves climbing traction and provides more realistic driving
- All-metal gear drivetrain for extreme durability
- Central transfer case with slider driveshafts to front and rear differentials
- Transfer case prevents motor stall for better climbing
- Transfer case also straightens & lowers center driveshafts for more efficient power transfer
- Axles feature small diff case or “pumpkin” size for best possible ground clearance
- Aluminum differential pumpkin cover
- Locked differentials for superb off-road climbing traction
- Brass axle weights add hidden weight as low as possible
- Front universals for maximum steering lock with zero binding
- Width: 227mm (9″)
- Wheelbase: 311mm (12.3″)
- Break-over angle: 44.5 degrees
- Approach angle: 55 deg
- Departure angle: 45.5 deg
- Max climb angle: 49 deg
- Max tilt angle: 28 deg
- Axle articulation: 30 deg
- Ground clearance: 68mm capable (2.7″)
- Ground clearance at standard ride height: 60mm (2.4″)
- Axle ground clearance: 32mm (1.3″)
- Drivetrain ratio: 7.6:1
- Transmission gearing: 1.53:1
- Axle gearing: 3.31:1
- Transfer case gearing: 1.5:1
Needed to Complete:
- Transmitter & Receiver
- 1/10 Crawler ESC & Motor
- High Torque Steering Servo
- 2S to 3S LiPo Battery (32x44x147mm Max) & Charger
- AA size Batteries for Radio System
- 12.3″ wheelbase body
- Paint for Body
- Tools for assembly
- Tires & wheels
- Front & Rear bumpers
Note: Assembled model shown for illustrative purposes only and is not included. Assembly required.