This is the Kyosho Turbo Optima Gold 4WD Off-Road Buggy Racer Kit. After the dynamic impact of the Optima was felt across the R/C racing scene, the Turbo Optima launched in 1986 as the strongest machine in the series. In addition to larger diameter tires, large capacity pressure shocks, front & rear stabilizers and Le Mans 240S motor, the immortal Turbo Optima was modernized for 8.4V power and makes its debut as the 7th model of the vintage series.
Key components of the Turbo Optima chassis have been redesigned to meet the demands of modern racing conditions and power sources, and share DNA with the Optima and Javelin. The Turbo Optima is not simply a reproduction of the original and includes gold anodized parts that were optional upgrades on the original, gold shocks with dial adjustment of chassis height and modern block pattern tires. Higher specs and design features deliver modern performance standards and visual impact that captures the magic of the original.
- While a faithful reproduction the original Turbo Optima, each key performance component has been revised for compatibility with modern power sources.
- 4WD belt drive. Pulley for chain is also included in the kit so purchase of an optional chain can change the drive system.
- Equipped with FRP radio plate that is compatible with major brand ESC’s (speed controllers).
- Three toe angle settings ( 0°, 1°, 2°) can be used by inserting different bushings into the rear hub carrier.
- Aluminum hex wheel hubs are be securely fixed with set screw pins.
- Equipped with sintered metal counter gears.
- Full ball bearing specifications (18 bearings).
- Includes separate driver figure with helmet and polycarbonate body.
- Battery holders are compatible with various modern batteries and secured with hook and loop straps for easy removal of battery.
- Hex screws used for assembly provide secure construction.
Front/Rear Tread: 208mm
Weight: 1,600g (approx.)
Tires (F/R): 82×36mm
Motor: 540 class size (sold separately)
Gear ratio: 9.24 : 1
- Chassis kit w/body & driver figure
- Hex wrenches
- Cross wrench
- Shock wrench
- Shock oil
- 2 channel R/C system (servo x 1, ESC x 1)
- 540 size motor (27T-20T recommended)
- Battery (7.2V NiMh battery or 7.4V Li-Po battery)
- Battery charger
- Paint and tools for body painting
- Batteries for transmitter
- Tools (1.5/2.0/3.0mm hex wrench screwdriver, needle nose pliers, curved scissors, cutter.
NOTE: Model shown painted and completed for illustrative purposes only and is not included.